How is gold then valued?

Questions & Answers, related to Freegold specific
d2thdr

Re: How is gold then valued?

Post by d2thdr »

Paul wrote: FOFOA states EUR will be the next world trade currency.
I think he states it was engineered to replace dollar when the dollar dies as the world OIL currency. Not world trade currency. World will keep using fiats and settle deficits in gold.
Paul wrote: I(cfr. Armstrong) do nog agree. can't be. EUR is not independent(and, small detail, will be the first to go) ...

Armstrong isn't switching positions but to understand what he is telling you, you have got to open up your mind.
Why will Euro go first?

I have read Armstrong for over 4 years now. There comes a time where you can sense a change in stance and the aforementioned article prooves the change of stance.
Paul
Platinum Member

Post by Paul »

d2thdr wrote:
Paul wrote: FOFOA states EUR will be the next world trade currency.
I think he states it was engineered to replace dollar when the dollar dies as the world OIL currency. Not world trade currency. World will keep using fiats and settle deficits in gold.
Paul wrote: I(cfr. Armstrong) do nog agree. can't be. EUR is not independent(and, small detail, will be the first to go) ...

Armstrong isn't switching positions but to understand what he is telling you, you have got to open up your mind.
Why will Euro go first?

I have read Armstrong for over 4 years now. There comes a time where you can sense a change in stance and the aforementioned article prooves the change of stance.
Yes FOFOA claims such, I have had email discussion in which he concludes so.
settling in gold internationally will push trade back to the dark ages ! FOFOA also acknowledges this.
trade NEEDS a world trade currency. this has nothing to do with oil but with the nature of trade.

I don't see a change in stance from Armstrong. he is getting more negative. with reason me thinks ...
"Taxes are a barbaric relic of the past"
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

I'm curious how this events in Europe will eventually shift the focus to the Anglo-Saxon country's.

After Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Italy what's up next?

In my opinion we just can't walk down the line with Spain, Belgium, France....etc. etc. There comes a turning point in this story.
All country's around the world face debt problems. The only difference here is how are country's going to solve those problems.

As the ECB often stated they are not going to be the lender of last resort. And in fact we can see country's in Europe trying to get their budget in shape (more or less ;) ) with this pressure of the ECB. Governments swifts all over the place....

Contrary to this is the exorbitant will of spending us out of this crisis like the Anglo-Saxon country's are doing right now. This will create only more debts......
I'm not saying the country's in Europe are reducing their debts, but trying to get their budget balanced.

How we're going to deal with this huge debts are problems for later......because I think, when you get your budget balanced, then the focus will be on others.
This focus will introduce the final stage of this system, because it isn't possible for the USA to keep on spending like this. As the world has already reduced the buying of American debt.......the FED never will. Stopping will be the breakdown right away.
Going on will create hyperinflation, as the hidden inflation for over decades will come out.....as confidence evaporates.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Boefke wrote:I'm curious how this events in Europe will eventually shift the focus to the Anglo-Saxon country's.

The proverbial tipping point. When and why are the big unknowns here. Focus will shift back and forth the Atlantic ocean. Impossible to tell what will happen in the mean time, but the 2012 presidential elections is a nice time to focus back to the US. Also, the moment that the debt ceiling is reached again (if no surprises come in between, projected just after the presidential elections), is a clear game changer. You know what happened last time the debt ceiling issue was raised.
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Blondie

Re: Boefke

Post by Blondie »

The only difference here is how are country's going to solve those problems.
It appears that one group will print, while another do not.

Either way, gold must rise in value. Which group will trigger this? Will they do it on purpose or inadvertently?
I don't think the Anglosphere will do this on purpose, considering their past actions re: gold.
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Blondie wrote:
The only difference here is how are country's going to solve those problems.
It appears that one group will print, while another do not.

Either way, gold must rise in value. Which group will trigger this? Will they do it on purpose or inadvertently?
I don't think the Anglosphere will do this on purpose, considering their past actions re: gold.
They definitely will not do it on purpose. They are in charge now, so they will only loose power in the end. This will be the conclusion anyway....but I don't think they will start this on purpose.

Will the ECB do it on purpose?
IMO they are already doing it (gradually) but nobody around us is seeing it ;) .

There is a number in the comex gold price when the trading will stop. What this number is....I don't know. $5000 or $10.000. There will be a time....when no one wants to sell because of the distrust in currency's. Maybe they're heading to this price and let the comex price explode upside....and then downside because of the unavailability of Physical.

Who's responsible for the breakdown then :lol: The IMFS or the rest of the world for bidding for Phys?
d2thdr

Post by d2thdr »

Boefke wrote: There is a number in the comex gold price when the trading will stop. What this number is....I don't know. $5000 or $10.000.
I even wonder if it will get to that number. I doubt if it will cross 2500$ or maybe even 2000$. I get a feeling that between 1600 to 1900$ is the price where gold will keep hovering and then drop to 200$ as FOFOA said, but then there will be no delivery. :geek:
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

d2thdr wrote:
Boefke wrote: There is a number in the comex gold price when the trading will stop. What this number is....I don't know. $5000 or $10.000.
I even wonder if it will get to that number. I doubt if it will cross 2500$ or maybe even 2000$. I get a feeling that between 1600 to 1900$ is the price where gold will keep hovering and then drop to 200$ as FOFOA said, but then there will be no delivery. :geek:
I agree, this does seem likely.
Physical will simply be withdrawn, while the "price discovery" markets are flooded with paper.
By the time the real run commences, physical may not be available.

We will see.
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

The goldcomex is a fractional reserve gold system (a gold promise system) and when markets figure out it is a hoax, they want physical only. Every fractional reserve system is built upon confidence and when that confidence breaks, people want to get out.
If that happens, the official goldprice will plummet but physical gold will be sold to the highest bidder at whatever price. At that time, real local supply and demand will quote Gold in local currencies. A/FOA wrote about this and it is true! I've posted several times on this issue and assume this will be possible at a 10K goldprice, but this number is only a wild guess.

This is the kind of freegold, I believe is possible when the shit really hits the fan and even Martin Armstrong believes so. But this is NOT the kind of freegoldmarket where countries and/or central banks are pricing their currencies. This is the kind of freegold where governments are not involved.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Indiana Jones wrote:The goldcomex is a fractional reserve gold system (a gold promise system) and when markets figure out it is a hoax, they want physical only. Every fractional reserve system is built upon confidence and when that confidence breaks, people want to get out.
I certainly do not agree with your view here.

The participants are not in the market for the gold. Gold is unnecessary and terrible to store.....they're only in for the digits-profits. So your point that participants don't know it's a fractional reserve is definitely not true. Every blind man on the planet knows.......and doesn't care.

So the confidence part is IMO not valid also. Everybody is playing this paper game on purpose, knowing they run the risk of ending up with nothing. Ask Celente......shouting afterwards as he did before, but instead of only shouting he better should take measures to get the phys :lol: .