Haystack Q4 2012

English language haystack
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Re: Haystack Q4 2012

Post by Obi-Wan »

bailouts4ever wrote:Something really weird is happening in Germany today.

Within three days Germany's gold reserves moved into the mass media coverage.

Based on a second request by Germany's accounting court the inventory of the 3400 tons gold reserves will now finally be taken. The Bundesbank has given in (based on Jens Weidmann's recent statement one could speculate that they we were more than happy to do it) and will start counting the reserves. Up until now only 80 tons are stored within Germany, the rest of 3320 tons is stored in London, Paris and New York.

Link Goldcore

Speaking of a lame excuse...

Philipp Missfelder, a politician from Merkel’s own party, has asked the Bundesbank for the right to view the gold bars in Paris and London, but the central bank has denied the request, citing the lack of visitor rooms in those facilities, German’s daily Bild reported.
The Bundesbank won't let German parliament members inspect the German gold vaulted abroad because the central bank vaulting facilities supposedly lack "visiting rooms." And yet one of those vaults, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, offers the public tours that include "an exclusive visit to the gold vault".
Patience. Use the force. Think.
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

Just another funny episode in this game of "it's there or is it?" around central bank gold? You really thing that all these vaults are filled while the wool is pulled over the eyes of investors on billions and trillions every day?

Concerning Mißfelder and his sad dilettantish approach of the Fed in New York - I guess he should have a) booked the tour or b) gotten an appointment. Instead he just showed up and wanted to see "the gold"...how could he? Without giving the guys at the Fed a chance to roll the ever same bars, from the ever same shelf away from the visitors towards Mißfelder's eyes... :D

What I find interesting is that the topic made the news all day long. I bet it will be buried real soon...can't imagine what happens if that turns into a "scandal" and more people keep asking questions...
0.00 € is what your account statement will show on a long enough timeline.
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

Concerning "gold reserves" I can't help myself but always think of the same video that is shown for years and years (maybe even decades). It's these two African Americans in their khaki work clothes moving around bank bars. The room is by far not "filled" with gold instead there is actually just one corner where the two are building up the stuff on one wall. That's it.

Video must have been shot in the 1990s and one of the guys has a "vanilla ice" hairstyle...It's this same video - all over, everywhere and again, again, again. I have even seen it today twice. Let's speculate about the reason why the video is so antique:

a) The two guys are the only two "workers" working for the New York Fed. The rest wears a suit and talks bullocks at Senate hearings or switches jobs between the Fed and Goldman Sachs
b) The two only guys work with the only gold that is there at the Fed just to impress the tourists
c) For the last 20 years since the video was made the two guys were busy with cutting the bars open, picking out the gold and exchanging it with a tungsten core
d) Due to the lack of personnel and the busy work of the two there was just no time and real gold left to shot some new video.
or finally
e) These two guys working there 20 years ago, today are already retired or six feet under...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy!

(Sorry - seems the same video is even shown in Brazil and Portugal)
Last edited by bailouts4ever on 23 Oct 2012, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Platinum Member

Post by Paul »

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.nl ... ts_22.html

game changer ?

There seems a subtle difference between Hugo Chavez and Angela Merkel ...
"Taxes are a barbaric relic of the past"
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

game changer ?
How?
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

John Williams still pretty sure about 2014: Dollar Sell-off and Hyperinflation by 2014 – John Williams

Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

Let the madness begin

DJ Vietnam May Allow Banks to Buy 20 Tons of Gold in Next Two Months

Local banks received gold deposits from the public in previous years and sold the gold in the local market for cash. Now they will have to buy gold to pay back their depositors at a time when global gold prices have been rising sharply. The central bank wants to prevent banks from this kind of risky operation, so it plans to ban banks soon from being involved in gold trading operations.

Link article
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

It's kind of old news from the beginning of October... but I didn't hear from it until recently

Romania Wants Return of 93.4 tons as Gold Repatriation Ratchets Up

Romania wants its gold treasure back from Russia, a recent Bullion Street article says. It’s another signal of the accelerating trend of countries to repatriate their gold—and another indication that the tide is turning toward gold and silver.

Link article

Link original article
Adamus
Gold Member

Post by Adamus »

Obi-Wan wrote:It's kind of old news from the beginning of October... but I didn't hear from it until recently

Romania Wants Return of 93.4 tons as Gold Repatriation Ratchets Up

Romania wants its gold treasure back from Russia, a recent Bullion Street article says. It’s another signal of the accelerating trend of countries to repatriate their gold—and another indication that the tide is turning toward gold and silver.

Link article

Link original article
In the end some (?) will be swimming naked.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

It is part of the direction the market is going. No force can stop it.

I do feel like finding those babies in your swimming pool:
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair