English language haystack
Goudvink

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Goudvink »

'Central bank gold buying at 40-year high

Third-quarter net bullion purchases reach 148.4 tonnes'

http://www.ft.com/home/europe

'Gold demand rises in Q3, European purchases surge

LONDON: Demand for gold rose by 6 per cent to a 1-1/4 year high in the third quarter of 2011, driven by central bank purchases and European demand for bullion against the backdrop of the escalating euro crisis, according to a report on Thursday.

(...) "If you look at Q3 in bars and coins, Europe was the biggest investment region in the world, which is an interesting result," said WGC managing director, investment, Marcus Grubb in an interview, adding that inflows of metal into exchange-traded products, at 77.6 tonnes, also highlighted this trend.

"All of that adds up to the concerns about the currency and the euro zone triggered a real spike in European gold investment in Q3. That was the first time for five quarters that European bars and coins had been bigger than both China and India," he said.

(...) Overall investment in India, including coin and bar purchases, fell 23 per cent to 203.3 tonnes, while in China investment rose 16 per cent to 191.2 tonnes, highlighting the dominance of these two markets.

"Gold is not a Western fear investment, it is an Asian wealth accumulation investment," Grubb said.'

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/mar ... 765549.cms
Rasta
Gold Member

Martin Armstrong

Post by Rasta »

Federal Reserve v ECB

Unfortunately, not a word about mark-to-market valuation of reserves.
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

Remember my post about "foul solutions"?

Here it is - the foul stuff I have been talking about. In a Boston Consulting Report the BCG advisors suggest an interesting solution to the debt problem:

Let's just tax (expropriate) one third of European citizens wealth and the debt problem is solved.

Quote:
For most countries a haircut of 11 to 30 percent would be sufficient to cover the costs of an orderly debt restructuring...Taxpayers in such countries as Germany, France and the Netherlands would contribute more than the share required to reduce their own debt load...

European citizens total financial assets: 18 trillion Euro
./. One time tax European government debt: 6 trillion Euro
= Problem solved.

Let's just tax the Sheep all across Europe for their governments debt - French, German and Dutch jerks pay bit more - and everybody will be fine in order to continue like before.

Read the short report at:
http://www.bcg.de/documents/file87307.pdf
0.00 € is what your account statement will show on a long enough timeline.
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -told.html

Cameron coming to discuss the European problems....sent back with the words, join us or your continent will be doomed. What do this words me remind of :shock:

And almost nobody's asking himself, what is it that ll those country's stay in the Euro....or are willing to join in the near future?

Shoot me....
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Boefke wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -told.html

Cameron coming to discuss the European problems....sent back with the words, join us or your continent will be doomed. What do this words me remind of :shock:

And almost nobody's asking himself, what is it that ll those country's stay in the Euro....or are willing to join in the near future?

Shoot me....
POWER !!!!

but don't shoot me ... :lol:
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Indiana Jones wrote:
Boefke wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -told.html

Shoot me....
POWER !!!!

but don't shoot me ... :lol:
LOL :lol:
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Why The Price Of Oil Has Risen From About $75 To About $100 Over The Past Six Weeks

1. The lack of productive diplomacy between the U.S. and Middle Eastern nations has frightened some former “friends” in the oil-producing world, and turned them at best neutral, and at worst, cold to America. They have watched fellow Arab regimes tumble in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya and witnessed the uncertain role of the U.S. against Qaddafi as a peripheral – and not a leading – effort. Should their regimes come under attack, they wonder whether Washington will stand with them or against them. In recent months, Saudi Arabia has quietly reduced its crude output, even as prices have risen. Perhaps this has something to do with the belief that the U.S. will not step forward in case of trouble, even though the Saudis are major oil suppliers.

2. Iran’s aggressive behavior in the region has made the practice of stockpiling some oil a wise bet.

3. Global investors read weather reports. Now that the season of revolt-discouraging 130 degree temperatures have passed, investors wonder about a possible resumption of the “Arab Spring” and further instability in the region.

4. Canada is America’s largest supplier of oil. Yet, plans for Canadian pipelines to carry more oil south through U.S. territory are running afoul of Yankee politics and environmentalist objections. President Obama recently delayed the start of the Keystone Pipeline from Canada's oil sands, at least until after the 2012 election. The project would have created 100,000 direct and indirect jobs in the U.S. Although pipeline operators boast of a remarkably safe and clean history, they have still not squelched the fears or ideology of environmental groups. Environmentalists, along with NIMBY (“Not In My Back Yard”) protestors, have effectively delayed the job-creating, economy-stimulating, and national security-enhancing effects that more domestic oil and gas production would create in the U.S. and Canada.

5. Failure to effectively exploit existing alternative resources. Here’s one glaring example of what we consider to be fuel failure folly. Why isn’t the U.S. substituting clean-burning natural gas instead of oil in the transportation sector? The country could easily utilize the natural gas surplus to power trucks and superbly save on gasoline and oil consumption. Oil prices will continue to rise as long as we fail to use available natural gas in this way. Here’s a missing opportunity for U.S. and Canada oil companies to export production and make much more money than they do by selling into the domestic markets.

6. An oil glut is about to become history. Readers may recall this past summer, we discussed that there was a glut of oil in the U.S. midcontinent. Because of this glut, U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) oil futures which are based on light oil at Cushing Oklahoma traded at prices 20 to 25 percent less than light crude around the globe. On November 16th, Enbridge Energy purchased Conoco Oil’s 50 percent interest in the large crude oil pipeline, Seaway, which currently transports oil from the Gulf of Mexico fields to the Cushing, Oklahoma storage facilities. Enbridge and their new partner, Enterprise Products (who owns the other 50 percent of the pipeline) have agreed to reverse direction of the oil. This means that by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2012 hundreds of thousands of barrels per day will be heading towards the coastal region’s higher prices. Accordingly, on November 17th, Oklahoma prices are only 9 percent lower than light crude around the globe.

The Bottom Line
Many veteran observers, including us, seriously question the intelligence of ongoing policies that ignore domestic resources and keep the U.S. sending billions of dollars a year to countries that dislike the U.S. and actively seek America’s decline.

After it's recent rise, we recommend investors take profits in oil. It can go higher but we like taking profits after a rapid rise.

Guild Investment Management, Inc
11/17/2011
Adamus
Gold Member

Little things that count

Post by Adamus »

Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

So, where am I left after Blondie/s disgraceful reply on the other tread ?
Blondie wrote:Your entire comment is so full of holes, assumptions and general incoherence I'm surprised you posted it.
I would have addressed all of your points one-by-one but that would clearly be a pointless waste of my time.

Don't bother replying; I won't be back.

There are far too many interesting things going on to spend time arguing with you and Paul.
I still hesitate about freegold but learned that it isn’t wise to have discussions with fofoa-freegold advocates and ask them to explain what freegold is about. They condemn the current money system, like I do, but they also condemn gold advocates that don’t seem to believe in fofoa/s freegold (meaning 99,9% of all the physical gold advocates in general).

These fofoa-freegold advocates encounter you with an apparently open mind and promising alias. After overloading you with all kinds of questions without explaining what fofoa/s freegold is about, they sneak behind you and shoot you in the back, leaving you behind like dirt. That besmirches A/FOA/s original hounest thoughts.

In my mind, Freegold still is a beautiful thought. But these fofoa-freegold advocates behave as worse and sneaky as hard money advocates. I’m shot in the back several times, and from now on I’m definitely done with this fofoa-freegold discussion.

grtz. Indy ....... ;)
Last edited by Indiana Jones on 20 Nov 2011, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Indiana Jones wrote:So, where am I left after Blondie/s disgraceful reply on the other tread ?
Blondie wrote:Your entire comment is so full of holes, assumptions and general incoherence I'm surprised you posted it.
I would have addressed all of your points one-by-one but that would clearly be a pointless waste of my time.

Don't bother replying; I won't be back.

There are far too many interesting things going on to spend time arguing with you and Paul.
I still hesitate about freegold but learned that it isn’t wise to have discussions with fofoa-freegold advocates and ask them to explain what freegold is about. They condemn the current money system, like I do, but they also condemn gold advocates that don’t seem to believe in fofoa/s freegold (meaning 99,9% of all the physical gold advocates in general).

These fofoa-freegold advocates encounter you with an apparently open mind and promising alias. After overloading you with all kinds of questions without explaining what fofoa/s freegold is about, they sneak behind you and shoot you in the back, leaving you behind like dirt. That besmirches A/FOA/s original hounest thoughts.

In my mind, Freegold still is a beautiful thought. But these fofoa-freegold advocates behave as worse and sneaky as hard money advocates. I’m shot in the back several times, and from now on I’m definitely done with this fofoa-freegold discussion.

grtz. Indy ....... ;)
He posted on a freegold forum. Maybe it's better to create a Martin Armstrong forum also.....would take away a lot of discussions always ending in dis-respectfulness towards each other.

Just a thought. :?