Haystack November 2011

English language haystack
Post Reply
User avatar
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 16:00
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Indiana Jones » 22 Nov 2011, 08:31

Rasta wrote:Fofoa: Discussion Forum

There is an elephant in the room. Jim Rickards has been making some bold predictions while on his book tour for Currency Wars. He says that in the case of a collapse of confidence in the dollar, the U.S. could confiscate the gold owned by foreign governments, Germany in particular, that is stored in NYC at the Fed. He says the U.S. could then use this gold to dictate a new international monetary system based on U.S. currency, just like last time.

We don't like to ignore elephants at FOFOA, so please discuss. Should those countries with gold stored at the Fed be worried?


Continue reading
Awakenings.... :lol:

I wrote so many times about that central bank gold holdings that are stored somewhere out of their control. Most European Central Banks suffer this problem.

I was NEVER taken serious on goud-com forum or on this forum, maybe freegolders are taking Jim Rickards serious! But for now I won’t start this freegold discussion all over again, like I quoted above.

One should really try to understand Armstrong/s writings TOGETHER WITH the Goldtrail and discover that the monetary World is like the universe and not our little solar system only.
Last edited by Indiana Jones on 22 Nov 2011, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.


User avatar
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 16:00
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Indiana Jones » 22 Nov 2011, 08:37

http://www.newspapersites.net/newspaper ... digest.asp
Saturday, 19 November 2011 19:19
Government asks Iranians to stop buying dollars
Nov 19 - The Iranian government has asked its citizens not to buy dollars, in an effort to stem a rush for hard currency that has sent the exchange rate plummetting in recent months.
The official news agency IRNA quoted Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini on Saturday recommending Iranians "avoid for the time being buying foreign currency or gold coins due to their high rates".

"Considering that the forex and gold coin rates are to drop, consequently those who buy them at high prices should not complain later on," he said.

Rising inflation and a reduction in bank deposit interest rates have spurred demand for foreign currency and gold among Iranians worried about the value of their savings and the central bank has struggled to support the value of the rial./-
Now think about this ..... like the Vietnamese Dong, the Iranian Rial is declining rapidly in purchasing power and both Vietnamese and Iranian people are strongly adviced NOT to buy physical gold.

The east and the middle east do not understand freegold ...... :lol:
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.

Adamus
Gold Member
Posts: 1435
Joined: 06 Oct 2011, 08:29

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Adamus » 22 Nov 2011, 11:29

Indiana Jones wrote:http://www.newspapersites.net/newspaper ... digest.asp
Saturday, 19 November 2011 19:19
Government asks Iranians to stop buying dollars
Nov 19 - The Iranian government has asked its citizens not to buy dollars, in an effort to stem a rush for hard currency that has sent the exchange rate plummetting in recent months.
The official news agency IRNA quoted Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini on Saturday recommending Iranians "avoid for the time being buying foreign currency or gold coins due to their high rates".

"Considering that the forex and gold coin rates are to drop, consequently those who buy them at high prices should not complain later on," he said.

Rising inflation and a reduction in bank deposit interest rates have spurred demand for foreign currency and gold among Iranians worried about the value of their savings and the central bank has struggled to support the value of the rial./-
Now think about this ..... like the Vietnamese Dong, the Iranian Rial is declining rapidly in purchasing power and both Vietnamese and Iranian people are strongly adviced NOT to buy physical gold.

The east and the middle east do not understand freegold ...... :lol:
They have never heard of it, but maybe they are acting already that way. They do have a huge informal economy isn't it?

User avatar
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 16:00
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Indiana Jones » 22 Nov 2011, 11:36

I refer to their governments.
Wrote this 16 minutes ago on another thread in this forum:
Indiana Jones wrote:The goldcomex is a fractional reserve gold system (a gold promise system) and when markets figure out it is a hoax, they want physical only. Every fractional reserve system is built upon confidence and when that confidence breaks, people want to get out.
If that happens, the official goldprice will plummet but physical gold will be sold to the highest bidder at whatever price. At that time, real local supply and demand will quote Gold in local currencies. A/FOA wrote about this and it is true! I've posted several times on this issue and assume this will be possible at a 10K goldprice, but this number is only a wild guess.

This is the kind of freegold, I believe is possible when the shit really hits the fan and even Martin Armstrong believes so. But this is NOT the kind of freegoldmarket where countries and/or central banks are pricing their currencies. This is the kind of freegold where governments are not involved.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.

Adamus
Gold Member
Posts: 1435
Joined: 06 Oct 2011, 08:29

Re: How dare you tell the Italian and Greek people what to d

Post by Adamus » 22 Nov 2011, 13:42

Indiana Jones wrote:So this is Dan Norcini/s (jsmineset) hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULns-cSU ... r_embedded

======

He is certainly NOT my hero but he is speaking some truth here. The European Union was formed WITHOUT an honest request to the people, WITHOUT a proper business plan. And now we are stuck with it and we are unlucky we’ll go to hell with it.
I disagree with Nigel Farage/s statements about the German/s, because from the beginning Germany was the driving power behind the Euro. After the Berlin Wall fell, France was scared to death about a new strong Germany and they did every trick out of the book to stay in power and let the German/s work for their reunion with Eastern Germany.
The English politicians like Nigel Farage however are skunks themselves because English politics are a total failure and the English never seem to have overcome WWI. They damn well know that but they haven’t got the guts to admit it.
Farage, not a word about the USA-dominated UK :lol:

User avatar
d2thdr
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:19

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by d2thdr » 22 Nov 2011, 14:46

Indiana Jones wrote:If you don’t understand where Armstrong is going to, but do grasp where A/foa were getting to, you risk to become blindfolded by this A/foa concept. You can blame others for not understanding the A/foa concept because they understand Armstrong, stupid idea but it happens over and over again.
Bye, Indy ;)
I am no cheer leader, Fanboy etc for FOFOA, but I do think the premise on which he has based most of his essays are exceptionally sound.

I doubt if you have read 'Arthashastra' by 'Chanakya'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthashastra

Its a economic treatise for an ancient emperor. His point of view on finances fits well with FOFOA thesis. I encourage to read it and make up your own mind.Perhaps you could coax Armstrong to read it too.

Just to make a few observations.

We see many wonderful monuments to various kings around the world in Egypt, in Peru etc. Why are there no similar monuments in India though the civilisation was just as old as the aforementioned ones? Also in history you will always encounter trade between east and west. So there must be a relative prosperity. No wonder there have been various discoveries, inventions in the past which do indicate the origins in India very notably the number '0' on which the current digital age is based. If there was relative prosperity why are there no monuments to celebrate the great kings?

In Arthashastra it is mentioned very clearly that the kings job is the just administer the workings of the kingdom, defend it and also to dispense justice. People possibly saved a lot and saved in gold. No wonder why there were numerous expeditions to regain the gold. No wonder the kings did not have money to waste on personal projects.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=9gGp ... re&f=false

Just some thoughts.

User avatar
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 16:00
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Indiana Jones » 22 Nov 2011, 15:03

d2thdr wrote:
Indiana Jones wrote:If you don’t understand where Armstrong is going to, but do grasp where A/foa were getting to, you risk to become blindfolded by this A/foa concept. You can blame others for not understanding the A/foa concept because they understand Armstrong, stupid idea but it happens over and over again.
Bye, Indy ;)
I am no cheer leader, Fanboy etc for FOFOA, but I do think the premise on which he has based most of his essays are exceptionally sound.

I doubt if you have read 'Arthashastra' by 'Chanakya'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthashastra

Its a economic treatise for an ancient emperor. His point of view on finances fits well with FOFOA thesis. I encourage to read it and make up your own mind.Perhaps you could coax Armstrong to read it too.
I'm nobody/s monetary fan (not even an Armstrong fan). I've read so much but not all, too much to read and so many opinions. It took me a while but I've read all (I think) the original 'Another' and 'FOA' posts on US Gold.

http://www.usagold.com/goldtrail/archives/another1.html
http://www.usagold.com/goldtrail/

Because that is where fofoa derives most of his writings from and I do not agree on fofoa/s broad point of view, I stopped reading fofoa several months ago.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.

User avatar
Boefke
Silver Member
Posts: 236
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 17:26
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Boefke » 22 Nov 2011, 18:24

Indiana Jones wrote:http://www.newspapersites.net/newspaper ... digest.asp
Saturday, 19 November 2011 19:19
Government asks Iranians to stop buying dollars
Nov 19 - The Iranian government has asked its citizens not to buy dollars, in an effort to stem a rush for hard currency that has sent the exchange rate plummetting in recent months.
The official news agency IRNA quoted Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini on Saturday recommending Iranians "avoid for the time being buying foreign currency or gold coins due to their high rates".

"Considering that the forex and gold coin rates are to drop, consequently those who buy them at high prices should not complain later on," he said.

Rising inflation and a reduction in bank deposit interest rates have spurred demand for foreign currency and gold among Iranians worried about the value of their savings and the central bank has struggled to support the value of the rial./-
Now think about this ..... like the Vietnamese Dong, the Iranian Rial is declining rapidly in purchasing power and both Vietnamese and Iranian people are strongly adviced NOT to buy physical gold.

The east and the middle east do not understand freegold ...... :lol:

Advised by whom?

Governments maybe? What did your Yeti tell about Gold, hedge and Governments?

He who laughed last, laughed best (free translation :lol: )

User avatar
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member
Posts: 4752
Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 16:00
Contact:

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Indiana Jones » 22 Nov 2011, 18:37

Boefke wrote:He who laughed last, laughed best (free translation :lol: )
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ..... :D
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.

ParsGold
Posts: 48
Joined: 01 Nov 2011, 19:14

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by ParsGold » 22 Nov 2011, 19:08

Indiana Jones wrote:
Indiana Jones wrote:19 Nov 2011, 20:59

Why The Price Of Oil Has Risen From About $75 To About $100 Over The Past Six WeeksAfter it's recent rise, we recommend investors take profits in oil. It can go higher but we like taking profits after a rapid rise.

Guild Investment Management, Inc
11/17/2011
ParsGold (your post deleted?) This post has nothing to do with any fundamental Oil discussion but is just an Oil price snapshot. There/s nothing more to it.

=============

Like the A/FOA Gold picture, the A/FOA Oil picture is a beautiful concept, but only just some very important chapters out of a book. If you want to grasp the big picture you either have to read the whole book or fill in the other chapters yourself thus making your own book, like fofoa does. Also a beautiful book but partly ignoring history.

I choose this Indy alias because I love history and adventure. History is the only truth we have, the rest is a mere prediction.

Now Armstrong is describing a possible future, based on a whole book of history and you can take it from me, he knows history.
He is writing this future based on a western money market perspective, but at least there is a complete history backing his story.

Unlike fofoa who is writing a creative gold book not based on a western money market but INGNORING historical facts. Fofoa is predicting history based on a A/FOA prediction that involves only a few (but far from all) history chapters. Now here the freegold-advocates come in predicting a mere self fulfilling prophecy without taking enough historical facts into account. That/s what surprises me sometimes. Because I grasp what Freegold proposes, but I see a fundamental impediment to its function and that is human nature against a proper historical background.

OIL
So is the case with this middle east & oil problem. If you don’t know that this whole eastern and southern Mediterranean Sea region was Turkish (except Persia / Iran) and you can’t grasp why the English, French and Italian intervened in this area, drawing lines in the sand and thus creating countries that never existed before, where does that leave you. Then you can’t understand why later on the German army did what they did in those area/s and later on the American/s. You can be against or pro Israel or the Palestinian people. But lacking proper historical facts you can't ration it and it becomes just an overall news media feeling.

Of course it was and still is all about energy but that doesn’t explain ALL current events. God isn’t doing this but it is a huge MIX of different kinds of internal Arabian problems and Eastern & Western self-interest.

For example the Russians have huge interests in Syria but not in the other North African countries. The Russians make deals with the Chinese and just therefore they vote against western resolutions to intervene. Also Assad is member of the Sunni Baath party that oppresses the people for decades now, but Iran is a Shia based country and both are 100% the opposite. However Assad accepts Iranian help against the USA but not without doubts.
Also the Russians and Chinese have interests in Iran and therefore vote against resolutions to intervene in that country. On the other hand they are very much concerned about the nuclear developments in that country. They helped Iran building the plants but didn’t expect them to develop a real bomb.

Maybe there is no bomb but I can assure you that within the Iranian conservative clergy there is a huge battle going on and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad could become victim of an even more conservative leader. If that would be the case you can aspect civil riots in Teheran like you see them nowadays in Cairo.

US against THEM or THEY against the REST or Oil for DOLLARS ONLY ...... is much to easy, because there is so much more too it.

grtz. Indy
Ya, I deleted my post because I hate fights. Anyhow u got my attention by your final words to Blondie and that caused my reaction. I really don't know what to think about u and im sure it's better not to give reaction, so i decided to delete my post (did before u posted above!), as i did once before here...
Sometimes wise thinking comes after the night :roll:

So, I dont want to get too much involved with u because i saw we are way different in thinking.
In my eyes u think very theoretical and forget about reality, this is also what u show to me by your post above now.
B.e. You really think religion is important to camp Khamenei-/Ahmadinejad-/Rafsanjani?

I think u share me with the club of freegold-thinkers, but hey, im just somebody who keeps eyes wide open and choose logic reality based options. Why u think im no more a member of that other forum huh?

Im not to find in the freegold-camp, and also not in the armstrong-camp, im just trying to survive helped by the logics...

Post Reply