Jim Sinclair

English language haystack
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Re: Sinclair and Gold

Post by Indiana Jones »

Rasta wrote:
mp3 interview [20:46] interview page

An extremely intense interview, I might add. A must listen!
I 100% agree ....
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Rasta
Gold Member

Re: Sinclair and Freegold

Post by Rasta »

Another interview by King World News

Jim Sinclair [17:47] podcast interview page

Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

In light of recent drops, there are a lot of people who needs handholding, and Jim is running the Gold Suicide Hotline.

More interviews to relax people:

Ellis Martin Report with Jim Sinclair December 16 2011
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Jim’s Mailbox

Hello Mr. Sinclair,

I have been listening to your interviews on King World News. My father and I have thoroughly enjoyed them and have learned volumes. I wish to extend my complements to you on your unprecedented ability to understand and explain the complex financial situation that our world faces.

There is a question I would like to ask you about the current bull market in gold that you say we are in. As all bull markets eventually end, my question to you is not, "if" there will come a day to take profits, but when to take profits and what to do with those profits. For example, I would think of myself as a bad investor to ride the gold market from its lows clear up to its highs and back down to its lows again. If gold goes to $2,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 dollars per ounce at what point should one sell the physical metal? Hypothetically if gold were to go to $5,000 dollars per ounce or achieve a 1:1 price ratio with the Dow Jones Industrial Average, does one actually sell the physical coin for U.S. dollars (knowing the U.S. dollar is just another fiat currency)? Should one wait for an alternative currency to arise and sell the physical metal for that currency?

I hope I have been clear in what I am asking. Basically if one is holding wealth in gold/silver at what point does one take profits, and what does one roll those profits into at the end of the bull market in gold/silver? You might think my question premature as there are possibly years left in this bull market in gold, but I don’t want to be the last man standing who just watched the bull market profits disappear. (I call to your attention the gold price action of the 1980s when gold soared to $800 per ounce only to settle for the next decade between $200-$300.)

I would appreciate any advice and insight you might have.

CIGA Luke

Dear Luke,

You have presented the most difficult of questions. Last evening, I answered that via a graph of emotions that finds tops, but not necessarily with the definition of the long term top appended.

I do not think a ratio to the Dow is the answer.

The model answer is when gold sells (per ounce) at the value that equals the total dollar value of US foreign debt divided by the assumed number of ounces of gold the US government has, gold is full priced.

The reason for that is because at that price the international balance sheet of the USA and therefore the dollar is in balance. However, that number, which was $900 in 1980, is now slightly above $12,400.

If grouping of cycles is of any use time wise, that suggests 2015.

Regards,
Jim

=========================================================
So it is a moving target, but we have some catchup to do. In other words, happy buying, gold is ridiculously undervalued.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Update: mp3 Interview [10:49]

When KWN asked if he has ever seen this kind of fear and panic in the gold market, Sinclair responded, “Not in the first gold market (1970s), not in the gold market we are in now, not in the correction (in ’08 & ’09), which took us down after the first move through $1,000 and back under $800.”
“The amount of discontent and bearishness among people who know better is enormous. It’s moved from bearishness to some form of anger. (This is a) historical bottom, capitulation. A clear sign that the gold market is moving into an outrageously oversold position, most certainly in anything that’s a common share.

You must not allow your emotions to direct your decisions. Your emotions will always be your best contrary indicator you have. You have to examine the circumstances and ask whether or not the reasons why you’ve committed to something have changed. And if they haven’t changed, you simply need to buck up and go the course because you’re right.

People are beginning to literally crack, defined as shifting their total focus to their emotions and away from their intellect. I’ve seen emotionalism in areas where it doesn’t belong, where it’s never existed before. I’m in total shock.

When I see people who have distinguished themselves under pressure, over years, let their emotions cloud their judgement, actually letting their emotions break over them like a tidal wave, it puts me in total shock....

“We’re in the most manipulated markets. We’re in the most fraudulent markets in history. There has never been a time when you can have assets disappear from people and modest inquiries take place of the leaders of that company. What you are seeing go on right now favors the bankers and disfavors all others.

However, when it’s finally finished there will be one man standing and that one man standing will be gold, the only market that the banksters can’t control in the final chapter. In a very short period yesterday we had a range of $100, and I’m going to tell you and the listeners now, you haven’t seen anything yet compared to what you are going to see as gold moves toward $4,500.”

When asked what to expect from gold in 2012, Sinclair stated, “Well into the high $2,000s. And as Truman said, ‘If you can’t stand the heat, you’ve got to get out of the kitchen.’ But let me tell you that when this year is over, the only hands left holding physical gold and gold shares are the strongest hands on the planet.

Every possible weak hand has been shaken out. Every person with emotions even latently capable of overwhelming their intellect, overwhelming their judgement, will have already overwhelmed it this week. After this week, the people who are left are people who will never give up their positions.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Ellis Martin Report with Jim Sinclair December 26 2011 (2012 Modest $1700-$2100 Gold)

Again a very good interview, where Jim is outlaying where we are going, and what mining business will survive the coming turmoil.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Negativity In Gold Reaches Epic Levels

Dear Extended Family,

The incoming negativity on gold last week reached epic levels. Friends of mine and gold for more than 40 years were looking for a towel to throw into the gold ring. When fear overtakes your intellect and you call, it is like molten magma spewing out of the phone or email.

If I dared to remind the caller that nothing has changed except the algorithms and then only for the short period of time I made the caller angry. I will admit anger is better than total depression but there is no necessity for either.

The advent of splinter parties to challenge the staid old Democrats and Republicans has put Washington into a total freeze frame. There is no mandate for anything, but don’t rock the boat. All that can get done there is nothing whatsoever.

All the “can kicking” hopes for a strong economic recovery to heal the can bouncing damage have not and will not materialize. The Fed will not let the euro fail. Already the US Fed has provided the swap lines (loan mechanisms) to the ECB (a beard) to loan the Euro banks the liquidity they lost when the Greek bonds were cut 50% (declared not a default by the Board of Appointed Wizards on CDSs from the banks who wrote the useless bond insurance who are the official shot callers on the default word).

You will never hear any of the "D" words, be that default or deflation. You will hear "rescheduling" which is a default whereby the credit default swap does not have to function so the worthless insurance is camouflaged.

Arab spring is turning out to be the disaster we knew it was. Remember all the cheering on financial TV as Egypt imploded? Spontaneous outbreaks of democracy were simply a really dumb reaction.

Some people can only be ruled by strongmen. It was good the strongmen were all on the payroll of the West. The West fired the strongmen into holes in the ground with candy bars, and flood pipes with unused gold .45cal pistols. Now the true believers are taking over. Arab Spring will be seen as the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood as the most influential replacement.

Energy is in as much trouble from the Arab Spring as the Strait of Hormuz is from Iran. Yes, the Wunderkinds took advantage of the gold fear circumstances, but in terms of gold related items have overstated their accomplishments.

When you bully something to go your way you must not assume you are a genius and called the direction. You made it happen, and it will gobble you up the minute you are out of aces. Those gold shares and gold bullion holders that maintained reason over emotion are committed people that no squirt is going to force out of their positions to benefit worthless puts and large new very low priced shorts. At times old fashioned retail can have more staying power than hedge funds.

Please make note:

Gold will bounce off $2100 and react. Try to keep an even course as Alf is right. Gold has a better chance of seeing $4500 than $1400.

Throw away your razor blade kits provided by famous but mercurial gold commentators who have no mindset whatsoever other than to sell subscriptions or seminars.

Sincerely,
Jim

Source: JsMineset
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

JsMineset: In the News Today

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

This is the mechanism of the marketplace which according to eminent commentary is BROKEN.
Yet, 99% of those that read this will do absolutely nothing to protect themselves.
You must be your own Clearinghouse and your own Central Bank.
You must as a minimum use the direct registration system for your shares.
You must not use the futures market as a storehouse of physical.
If you must speculate you need to transfer excess out every day.
Keep in mind I once owned a Clearinghouse, Sinclair Global Clearing located in Chicago.
I know what I am speaking about.

1/09/2012 @ 2:04PM

The Neverending MF Global Story: Regulators Block The Truth

Instead of looking out for MF Global investors – and customers who are still waiting for their money – it looks like regulators and the bankruptcy trustees are busy suppressing information. Instead of full transparency, regulators and the trustees are holding onto crucial details that might tell us all who was asleep at the wheel when the broker/dealer and futures commission merchant (FCM) headed over the cliff.

Bob English, an independent trader and contributing editor to the blog, Economic Policy Journal, published a post this morning that raises serious questions about the Securities and Exchange Commission’s program of regulation for broker/dealers and, in particular, the agency’s role in keeping the truth from the public about what went wrong at MF Global. We’re also being kept from the truth about other broker/dealers who may be putting risky trades on their books or whose controls over segregation of customer assets may be weak or non-existent.

Read more...
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Out of the today's In The News Today you have to read between the lines:

Article: China’s Gold Imports From Hong Kong Surge to Highest Ever‎ – PBOC Buying?

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary: You will never know. However, it is my opinion that the Chinese government’s significant support for citizens buying gold might just be to build another inland inventory for future use.
eduro
Bronze Member

Post by eduro »

http://www.jsmineset.com/2012/01/12/gol ... n-is-over/

Comment from Jim

more important it is a Alf Field letter.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. Galileo Galilei