We are moving

About Freegold, about this forum, and announcements
Administrator
Site Admin

We are moving

Post by Administrator »

We are moving in the morning of Tuesday 22 November 2011

What are we announcing?
The site is going to move. As you may have noticed, the performance is sometimes slow, mainly during the evening hours (19:00~22:00 CET). The reason is that the site is currently on shared hosting, the site really is sharing resources with hundreds of other sites. And if all sites are popular during that timeframe, the server is flooded with request, or is undersized to do the job. To address this, there is acquired a new dedicated server, so we don't have to fight for resources anymore.

What do I have to do?
Nothing at all, perhaps being patient. The migration is taking place between servers, and you may experience this site to be read-only during the migration timeframe.

What will change?
Perhaps you noticed that the forum is currently redirected to be at freegoldcapital.com/forum. That will change. In the new situation, the forum can be reached at freegoldforum.com which will then automatically forward to www.freegoldforum.com. After the move, a forward will be inserted, so even if you enter freegoldcapital.com/forum, you will be forwarded to the www.freegoldforum.com.

How can I follow the progress?
We will announce the progress on www.freegoldcapital.com, so you can see what's up.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: We are moving

Post by Administrator »

We moved!

We are done, and fresh deployed on a new server. There were no surprises during the migration. It took just under an hour to complete the migration, which lasted from 9:00 CET to 09:40 CET.

It may take a while for all the DNS servers to be updated. For most users, this shouldn't take longer then 3 hours.
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
mcduff

Post by mcduff »

Very nice! The speed increase is very noteable :D
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Two issued were brought to my attention:
1) The server didn't send out email (notifications, registration activation, etc.)
2) The forward from freegoldcapital.com to freegoldforum.com didn't appear to work

Both have been fixed. If there are any issues popping up, let me know.