Goud en Zilvermijnen

Dutch language haystack
Gwyde
Platinum Member

A lost quarter

Post by Gwyde »

It's been two weeks since last update. Stock markets are off their spring highs worldwide. Precious metals add one failed recovery after the other. Silver outperforming gold has been a dead end road. Platinum remains weak, insofar that the Palladium price came within a few percentage of matching Platinum. Rhodium had been the failure in the 2016 precious metal recovery, but it keeps advancing. Rhodium is now more expensive than Platinum.

Precious metal miners suffer both from the metals unable to advance sustainably and of the deteriorating stock market sentiment. The HUI/Gold ratio keeps bumping up and down. It now stands at 0.1495. Fresh graphs on the Gold Miner Pulse page are a good illustration. The end of quarter update of the Miners' Performance Page shows ample warning signs.
  • Long term declines crept into the top quintile (the best 20% of the miners in the database)
    The median loss adds up to 61.6%
    With 15 explorers or miners down over 90% and again 8 down over 95%, the bottom quintile is almost wiped out... despite delistings
Our contributor driven explorer and junior miners spreadsheet was outperforming during the previous week, but lost its edge the last few days. Over two weeks, it is almost flat with the long term advance now at an insignificant 0.27%. The nine long term advances balance the nine long term declines. Timmin's gold renamed itself to Alio Gold, with a 10x share consolidation in the operation. The initial enthusiasm waned quickly after a bought deal to add cash. ALO is down 21% over the week. No improvement for PLG either. I'll bite the bullet and remove both from our list.
Gwyde
Platinum Member

Incessant slide

Post by Gwyde »

Congrats to Canadians at the occasion of the 150th anniversary of independence on Saturday July 1st. With the American national holiday on July 4th, that meant two consecutive days with one market closed and low volumes across the board. This mitigated the miner slide resulting from gold plunging on Monday. With the partial mid week gold recovery, we witnessed a higher close of the HUI on Wednesday. Precious metals resumed their slide however, with miners following suite.

On balance gold slid 2.34% to $1212.2, while silver plunged 6.26% to $15.57. The overnight 'flash crash', a downward spike of silver below $15 in thin trading raised quite a few eyebrows. The PGM's limited their decline to 1.95% for Pt and to 0.71% for Pd, which didn't escape the down draft.

The HUI is down 3.67% to 178.9 over the week, with HUI/Gold easing only little to 0.1476. Worse is that the HUI/Gold graph morphs a triangular pattern with lower highs for successive failed recoveries. This doesn't bode well for the near future. Fresh graphs on the Gold Miner Pulse page tell more. Despite the silver plunge, the Global X silver miners ETF SIL upholds better, as SIL/Silver at 2.057 illustrates. By now the HUI is down 1.88% year-to-date. Nevertheless the yellow metal holds on to a modest 5.3% YTD advance. Silver slid 2% into the red YTD.

All miner ETF's are off worse than the HUI, with GDX best in class with a 4% decline. GDXJ and SIL slid well over 6%. With a 5% decline (on a comparable basis) our contributor driven explorer and junior miners spreadsheet is amidst the squad. After removing ALO (Alio, former Timmin's gold) and Platinum Group Metals (PLG), as announced last week, the long term advance now stands at 5.31%, while the long term loss -including exits- obviously deteriorates to 29.76%. BTG slid into the red. We now have 8 long term advances and equally 8 long term declines.

Both components removed were good for a double digit slide over the week. There were no advances, but two components managed holding ground. Liberty gold (earlier Pilot Gold) was the only double digit weekly decline.
cavajo
Platinum Member

Re: Goud en Zilvermijnen

Post by cavajo »

Veel groen was er niet te zien !
Dirkgold
Platinum Member

usa.to

Post by Dirkgold »

mooi interview. Lijkt een koopje.
http://www.metalsnews.com/Metals+News/M ... come+O.htm

Mr. Darren Blasutti: We are a silver producer. We have two mines, one in the United States in the Silver Valley, about seven miles from Hecla's Lucky Friday project, and that is the Galena Complex. We're also in Mexico, in Sinaloa state, near Mazatlán, on a property we call our Cosalá operations. Those two mines produce around 2- 2.5 million ounces of silver. They have some zinc, lead and copper by-product credits that are also produced. In 2017, we expect to produce roughly two and half million ounces, about $9 -$10 dollars all-in cost, for silver. We expect that that cost number will decrease dramatically in 2018, as our new mine comes on in the fourth quarter this year. It is in Mexico and it is called San Rafael.

enz......
Gwyde
Platinum Member

Support level holding...

Post by Gwyde »

In lackluster trading, American indexes inch a little higher over the week, bucking the gurus' recession/market slide tantrum.
Among precious metals, the slide has been interrupted, with the $1200 support level for gold holding. The yellow metal dipped to a $1212.2 Comex close on July 7 but sweetens 1.34% to $1228.4 on July 14. Similar gain for Platinum, up 1.43% to $919 after bottoming below $900 on Monday. For silver (+2.5% to $15.96) an Palladium (+2.4% to $854) there is some more enthusiasm.

There is some enthusiasm for miners: the HUI advances 3.92% for the week to 185.9 with HUI/Gold firming to 0.1513 as shown on the GMP page. However, when checking HUI against its expected value from the HUI/Gold regression line, we find an exactly neutral stance. The miner performance page proves that since the end of June, declines widely outnumber advances. Long term laggard CZH was discarded after its name/ticker change to RWR, which sweetens the view, but doesn't affect the GMP miners index.

Among mining ETF's weekly advances vary between a timid 2.66% for GOEX or a subdued 2.89% for GDX to a better 3.38% for GDXJ or an enthusiast 4.66% recovery for Silver mining ETF SIL. With a 3.5% advance our Contributed explorer and junior miner list is well positioned against its peers.

Over the week, we have 11 advances against 4 declines with Miranda Gold flat. With a 14.3% weekly advance, IVN makes the difference, while Liberty Gold cuts its loss with a double digit gain. Oceana Gold had a poor week, with a 4.6% decline.
Dirkgold
Platinum Member

usa.to goed nieuws

Post by Dirkgold »

Americas Silver reduces San Rafael capex estimate

Americas Silver Corp (2) (C:USA)
Shares Issued 39,902,111
Last Close 7/14/2017 $3.81
Monday July 17 2017 - News Release

Mr. Darren Blasutti reports

AMERICAS SILVER CORPORATION PROVIDES AN UPDATE ON THE SAN RAFAEL PROJECT

Americas Silver Corp. has provided a construction update on its 100-per-cent-owned and fully financed San Rafael development project located in Sinaloa, Mexico.

Budget & Timeline

Construction commenced in early Q4, 2016 with an estimated initial capital expenditure of US $22 million based on the March 30, 2016, San Rafael pre-feasibility study. The initial capital estimate was subsequently reduced to US $18 million due to project optimization related to the mill expansion, refurbishing existing equipment and ramp development, as well as favourable movements in the Mexican peso. As at June 30, 2017, the Company has spent approximately $10.5 million of the revised budget and expects to have sufficient cash on hand and cash flow generated from continuing operations to fund the project development.

Management expects that initial processing of material at the existing Los Braceros mill will occur by mid-September. The initial targeted throughput of 1,500 tonnes per day from the pre-feasibility study is expected early in Q4, 2017. In early 2018, management will evaluate a potential mill expansion based on realized mill throughput of the San Rafael ore, achievable future mining rates and current metal prices.

San Rafael is expected to deliver average annual production of 1 million ounces of silver, 50 million pounds of zinc and 20 million pounds of lead over a 6 plus year mine life at negative all-in sustaining costs based on current reserves and metal prices. The project is expected to have an IRR of greater than 100%, generate substantial free cash flow and provide a step change in the Company's cash cost and all-in sustaining cost profile in 2018.

"The pace of development at San Rafael has picked up considerably with the challenging ground conditions now largely behind us, allowing the project to remain on track to deliver on budget and on schedule for first production by the end of Q3, 2017," said Daren Dell, Chief Operating Officer of Americas Silver. "I'm proud of our Mexican team's resolve to work through the ground issues and maintain the short-term development schedule, while also preserving the maximum long-term flexibility of the mine."

Underground Ramp Development

Main access at San Rafael continues to develop toward the center of the Main Zone. Concurrently, a secondary ramp development heading to the west which accesses the first 18-24 months of production in the southern-most part of the Main Zone has less than 190 meters of development to reach the first ore stopes. Management currently anticipates that ramp development to this area will allow ore stockpiling to begin in early August. The main access development continues to advance through a localized "karst" zone that hosts challenging ground conditions at the contact between volcanic and limestone rock-types. Development is moving successfully through this area and an augmented ground support regime has been implemented to ensure its long-term stability. Continued development beyond this area will provide future access to the Main Zone and Upper Zone areas of the mine for production beyond 2019.

Processing Facility

Mill modifications including additional flotation capacity, reagent preparation and distribution areas, and concentrate regrind circuits at the existing Los Braceros mill are progressing well. All major equipment has been delivered and contractors are currently focusing on electrical cable installation and piping. Commissioning of the new equipment is set for the second half of August in anticipation of initial production from San Rafael.

Drilling

Earlier in the year, the Company completed a 20-hole, 1,900 meter definition drill campaign covering the southern part of the Main Zone. The program successfully confirmed the limits of the current resource and provided additional information for final stope design. Management is also evaluating options to mine and stockpile additional material from this area made economic through higher metal prices.

In Q2, 2017, the Company completed an 8-hole, 2,700 meter diamond drilling campaign targeting the Zone 120 area. Given the success of that original program, four additional holes are currently testing the southern extension of Zone 120 to evaluate a potential connection with the El Cajon mine. The individual drill-hole results from the first campaign will be incorporated into the Company's mid-year reserve and mineral resource update expected to be released by the end of Q3, 2017. See attached map for drill locations.

Current Operations

Current production for the Cosala operations continues to be primarily sourced from the Nuestra Senora mine as higher zinc and lead prices have prioritized this ore above the El Cajon ore, currently in stockpiles at the Los Braceros mill. It is expected that ore from Nuestra Senora will be processed through most of Q3, 2017. El Cajon stockpiles are available to supplement mill feed until San Rafael commences at the end of the quarter.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bul ... wzWkIKo.99
Dirkgold
Platinum Member

Post by Dirkgold »

Goeie algemen post ivm mijntjes. Heb hetzelfde vervelende gevoel bij oceana gold.

Allow me to speak on a qualified basis as someone with experience as both an accountant and a financial analyst: the price of any stock is the present value of future cash flows (aka dividends) that the owners (aka investors in the company) will receive. This is basic stock pricing theory.

As far as I know, and maybe I am off by one or two, there are only two actual major silver miners I am aware of (Silvercorp Metals and Pan American Silver) that issue any dividends. First Majestic does not issue dividends, Great Panther Silver does not issue any dividends, Silver Standard Resources does not issue any dividends and the list goes on......

At what point do you think USAS would issue ANY of the investor's earnings back to the investors? 2020? 2025? 2030? My bet is that they will retain all their earnings perpetually trying to chase growth. So, what does that leave YOU as an investor? You have ownership in a growing portfolio of mining assets that will allow management and employees to continue cashing fat paychecks for as far as the eye can see. Good luck getting any dividends and even if you do it will likely be a penny per share - yippee, I'll get rich off that!!

I'll repeat myself again: the actual physical act of extracting precious metal mineral resources is a horrible investment because the average annual profit margins are so tight due to the relentless hammering of the PMs that the fiat money crowd exacts via the manipulation on the Comex. To be sure, this stock may during this current bull run have 5 bagger potential and if that floats your boat go for it. I myself will go for the 10+ bagger potential in the welll positioned juniors.

The best thing that could happen to USAS in the next few years is if they actually attract the eye of any senior producers and the shareholders get a nifty premium in a buyout. Otherwise you'll see an endless stream of earnings (good or bad) each quarter, you'll stress about meeting Wall Street earnings estimates and continue to get frustrated by ownership that has up to the present time been relatively investor-unfriendly. But, don't take my word for it, you can check out Don Durrett's analysis of USAS on the goldsilver.com website.
Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bul ... HF57mtK.99
Leo3.14
Gold Member

Post by Leo3.14 »

barometer NG :
4-6-4 : ok
lagere bodem : ok
triple bodem @ 4 : ok
next : 7-6-9 :idea: :?:
Goud is een cyclisch edelmetaal
Leo3.14
Gold Member

Post by Leo3.14 »

RGLD : 24.5 x Armstrong = 210 potentiele target.

Deze lijkt te zeggen dat we toch de 1500$+ gaan toucheren in 2019.

Bij nader toezicht/onderzoek trek ik mijn bewering in dat we niet aan de 1500$ gaan raken bij deze opwipper : maar het zal nog paar jaar duren voor we er raken imo.
Goud is een cyclisch edelmetaal
lucky-luck

Post by lucky-luck »

Leo ik hou het bij je dubble top area 1375-1400 area